What to talk about
|John Cole Cartoons|
- Solar water heating (SWH) is a cost effective way to reduce home energy consumption by over 10%.
- Like electric vehicle purchases, SWH is a visible commitment to clean energy for a much lower sticker price than any car.
- When built into a new home, the net cost of a SWH is on par with the cost of a tankless water heater yet SWH outperforms tankless units in energy savings (EF of 0.82 for tankless vs 1.4 for SWH)
- While low now, the price of natural gas is set to rise with growing demand from electrical generation and transportation as well as with increasing scrutiny of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) practices. A SWH installed today is a hedge against rising fuel prices.
- Talk about the avoided costs & externalities of fossil fuels. Natural gas may be cleaner than coal, but it's hardly clean in comparison to solar water heating.
- Solar water heating creates local jobs--engineering, installation & service, sales & marketing, and distribution.
Tell the story to the right people
Where to tell the story
- Find an article that resonates with you and your team. Get your friends, family or co-workers to suggest an article to post and select one.
- Post the article to your Facebook business page (make a Facebook business page if you don't have one and encourage people to "Like" it).
- Make comments on this post that tell your target audience why this article is important to you.
- Get all your friends, family, and co-workers to "Like" the article so their network sees it too.
- Directly ask people to read and comment on your post (via email, phone, twitter, FilterTweeps, etc).
- Repeat every workday.